Forum des Médecins Au Maroc Index du Forum

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Naive Med Student Asking How To Make A Difference

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum des Médecins Au Maroc Index du Forum -> La Médecine Au Maroc -> Annonces Médicales
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
victorgrant
Actif
Actif

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Juil - 13:48 (2017)    Sujet du message: Naive Med Student Asking How To Make A Difference Répondre en citant

Hello,

Incoming MD/MPH at a Top 20 research school asking a warm-and-fuzzy/naïve-type question about the future of medicine and how best to make a difference. Over the past year (gap year) I've been doing a lot reflecting, along with reading a lot of Atul Gawande, Paul Farmer, and other more "revolutionary" type tales of people who are changing medicine. The irony of perusing an internet forum to find my "career inspiration" does not escape me, but I can only assume that SDNers have some great insight into a subject like this, and I want to get involved as early as possible in something important. 
The question: Where do I even begin? Do I just brute-force it and sift through lit reviews and meta-studies until I find the most pressing issues in a field? Do I aim to gain a unique skill set like statistical coding or learning to speak the language of a rural African tribe? Do I meditate in my apartment for hours until a vision of how I am meant to leave my mark appears to me in the form of a wise Chinese karate instructor?

All insight appreciated

thanks

Tech Innovation Marketing Video

MessagePosté le: Lun 10 Juil - 13:48 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum des Médecins Au Maroc Index du Forum -> La Médecine Au Maroc -> Annonces Médicales Toutes les heures sont au format GMT
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation